By providing VPN (Virtual Private Networking) access, the University Computer Centre enables worldwide access to internal computer services at the University. These services include, e.g.:
- all of the websites that are only accessible from within the University’s intranet,
- the central file server, or
- the central High Performance Computing Cluster.
It is not possible to access internal computer services and websites belonging to University Medicine Greifswald using these credentials.
Information regarding online publications
We would like to specifically point out that VPN is no longer necessary for accessing numerous online publications subscribed by the University Library, as these can be accessed via Shibboleth [de] . The corresponding Shibboleth access point can be found in the University Library’s catalogue list: Catalogue of online publications that permit Shibboleth access [de]
Unfortunately, you still have to use a combination of VPN and proxy server as previously for all other publications (e.g. for the publishing house Juris) if the licence includes VPN access.
Setting up VPN access
Right click on the names of the files and select save target as. Select the profile file that corresponds with your role at the University. General VPN access is only available for members of the university community as it provides access to licensed online publications. All other user groups should use the VPN credentials for technical purposes.
Downloads for VPN access
- Root certificate T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2
- Profile file (also for using online publications; only for members of the university community)valid from 01/06/2018. All of the configuration parameters are included in the profile file.
- Profile file for technical purposesValid from 01/06/2018. This only grants access for the use of resources within the university network.